Tuesday 29 July 2014

Kimbra for Rolling Stone

I have spent the last year and a half studying for my Masters as well as illustrating and teaching university a couple of days a week. So, I've found it hard to find the time to keep this blog updated.
But now that study is behind me, I can devote time to keeping you all abreast of my latest work!

Here is a piece which will accompany the review of Kimbra's new album, The Golden Echo in the next issue of Rolling Stone.

The review alludes to a notion the she may be channeling music form other planets and I wanted to capture that feeling in the image. I originally had her gazing skywards in a sort of trance-like stupor, but the magazine preferred to have her look straight at us.



I drew further attention to the links with other plants by mirroring the golden highlight in Kimbra's eyes in the planets.

No comments:

Post a Comment